Thursday, February 26, 2009

IHCPL #54- Social Networking Through Books

1.I have led book discussions of several different books with a group of ladies and enjoyed the discussion as well as the fellowship time together. A couple of years ago I tried to put together a Google discussion group but the people I wanted to include couldn’t seem to figure out how to do it online. Someday I will try to put together another online book discussion. However, I really like the instant interaction and being able to see and feel the emotions of the others involved in the discussion.

2.An online book club would work best for our staff members. Due to time and scheduling concerns we could post our thoughts when time allowed rather than try to set a time when we can all get together. We have a great monthly Friday Staff Book Club that meets but not all staff can be here and some have other duties that take priority and they cannot attend.

3.Using the title Island of Ghosts by Ellis Dillon I found that ‘Good reads’ gave it a rating of 5 while ‘Library Thing’ gave it a rating of 3. As we all know 'good' or 'not so good' books are in the eye and mind of the reader.

No comments: