Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Week 8 # 12 Social Networking

Both of the videos were good. The board demo was very informational and explains social networks very well. The animal video was very descriptive and cute.

I have seen Facebook, My Space and feel that these are too public for my comfort. I prefer a quieter type of place for myself when I want to post.

I have been registered at http://www.naznet.com/ since about 1996. This is a family friendly site with several areas including a teen forum and a women's forum along with the general forums. Here you can find discussions on theology, sports, politics, family trips and support when problems arise in your life. I am a "lurker' rather than a poster but feel that I know many of the people that post as well or better than I know my next door neighbors. I know about their children and grandchildren as well as where they went on vacation last year. Since my husband posts here they know all these things about me and my family as well.

1 comment:

HCPLJL said...

Nothing wrong with lurking if you just want to know about a site or subject before getting involved.