Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Week 8 #19 Web based apps

I have been using Google for a year or so now. I use it for many things; my favorite is the calendar because it reminds me about appointments and events on my schedule each day. I also use the documents, the spreadsheets and Picasa photos. My current project is scanning in old family photos like the one in an earlier post to preserve them since the photographs will not last forever and some have already deteriorated.

I tried to set up a social net work but the group I was working with couldn't seem to get the hang of it. I think they were uncomfortable with registering online. I would like to set up one with my family and will try one day.

The main reason I use Google is that it is a web based application and I am not as likely to lose my work (photos and spreadsheets) as I would be if things were only on my hard drive or disc. As we know natural disasters do happen and we are in a place where they often happen.

No comments: