Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Cleaning #29

1. I have used g-mail for my personal mail for about a year now and found it is perfect for me. I use it to filter all mail before I move the important mail to my personal outlook account, it is a good place to hold current mail and photos I am working with.

A couple of years ago I attended a file management seminar presented by the Harris County Clerks office at the Harris County Training at Reliant. They did an excellent job of helping me know which electronic file to keep, and which ones to throw away. Although I have a tendency to throw things out and need them later I can often find a staff member that kept the necessary file.

My address book is fairly current, here at Freeman I have a little trouble keeping up with staff not in my department but overall, my address book is good. I put all my contacts for adult programming into an excel file on the p-drive and took my empty rolodex down to the supply room. Now everyone has access to the programs, names and numbers even if I am not available and my desk is cleaner.

No comments: